Ventiv Technology announced a new user interface for their claims administration solution (iVOS) this morning at the California Association of Joint Powers Authorities 2016 Conference. This sleek, updated interface not only transforms the user experience of the claims operation but allows you to access your claims data from a variety of mobile devices. Operational efficiency and optimization is a key aspect of any claims operation, whether an insurer, third-party claims administrator, risk pool or self-administered organization. The changes made to the user interface are intuitive while still infusing new capabilities.
“We have taken our smart claims solution, improved with years of experience and best practices, and elevated its usability by optimizing the experience for any user whether an adjuster or a risk professional – we just made it even easier”, said Stephen Rhee, chief executive officer of Ventiv Technology. “You can now use the browser and device that work best for you and your company.”
New capabilities, such as embedding Claims Intelligence within the claims application, provides new key insights into claims activities as the claim is worked on a day-to-day basis.
New key capabilities include:
- Modern look and feel, with easier navigation
- Improved performance
- Jquery based widget framework – elevating data visualization
- Enhanced grids (pagination, improved filtering, download to Excel)
- Fully embedded impactful dashboards (system-level and claimant-level)
- Drill down dashboards – open claims on appropriate page for immediate work
- New Claims Intelligence content
- Pre-Built dashboard templates. E.g. My Open Tasks, CFO Perspective
- Enabled for IE, Edge, Chrome and Safari
“Ventiv has done an outstanding job in bringing innovation to the new version of their claims administration offering. Technology should support process improvement and more efficient adjusting processes, as well as provide the ability to mine useful data to find the right risk management solutions. It is obvious the Ventiv team did not merely listen to their users’ needs, they listened, collaborated and came up with some awesome solutions” said Agnes Hoeberling, chief operating officer of Intercare Holdings Insurance Services, Inc.